At CAB VII, Tuesday, October 22 is designated as Student Engagement Day. This day will give students the opportunity to network, present research, and discover experiences outside one another to learn and connect. Professionals from around the globe are here to help students grow professionally and personally. Below are the events and opportunities during the conference.
- Student Poster Competition
- Students will have the opportunity to share their research in front of judges and other students. Winners will be announced after lunch.
- Collaborative Case Competition
- Participate in a student case competition with students from around the country, sponsored by Manchester University School of Pharmacy.
- Participating students will be divided into small interprofessional teams. Teams will be presented a case and must identify how they will work as a team to help the patient. A standardized patient will interact with the group of students. After the encounter, students will work together to create a care plan. The plan will be presented to a panel of judges and other students. Winners will be announced after lunch.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Lunch Plenary and Awards
- Plenary session will feature Doug Boles, the President of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and Allison Melangton, Senior Vice President of Hulman Motorsports, who will discuss teamwork at the organizational and community level. Students can take photos by an Indy Car, meet the speakers, and more.
- Recognition of the winners of the Student Poster Competition Winner and the Collaborative Case Competition will be recognized after the plenary talk.
- Student Engagement Forum, led by American Interprofessional Health Collaborative
- Reception with fellow students and IPE leaders, who are actively engaged in the interprofessional healthcare field. Hear information about how to become involved in the global conversation, mentoring opportunities, their conference experience, etc. AIHC faculty members will participate in the last half of the session to share their experiences as well as offer mentoring opportunities.
- Student Networking Social
- Attend a networking social at the JW Marriott for light refreshments. Conference attendees will be there to share their experiences in the field and to make connections with students. It will be a lively event and wonderful last evening of CAB VII.
The conference venue is the JW Marriott Indianapolis, located at 10 S. West Street, Indianapolis, Indiana. Lodging accomodations are also located at this location. A block of rooms have been reserved at the price of $209 USD per night. Contact the JW Marriott Indianapolis at 317.860.5800 or visit https://book.passkey.com/go/CABVIIConference to inquire about availability and complete your reservation. In order to obtain the special CAB VII Conferences rates, callers must identify themselves as being with CAB VII or Collaborating Across Borders.
All reservations must be made prior to September 20, 2019 in order to ensure availability.
To stay up to date with Student Engagement Day and the CABVII conference, you can subscribe here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.